Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to insert and define Custom Events on Documents

Former Community Member

Hi,

is there a way to create custom events in livecycle rights management?

I'm developing a Microsoft Word plugin that is supposed to register an event on livecycle every time that the user copy the content of de document, is there a way wants to register a occurred event on a document (ex: Copied Document).

I didn't find in livecycle the "copied document" is there a way to define such events?

I didn't find in livecycle rights management webservices a method to insert events, even the pre-defined ones (print, view). Is there a way to insert events in livecycle?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Direct manupulation of the LiveCycle database tables is definately not supported.  I would recommend you not continue with this type of work-around.  The events that are defined in the product and the mechanism for capturing them are core to the product and cannot be "extended" using any APIs.

Although it will not resolve your issue immediately, you could log a produict enhancement request to Adobe Technical Support.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

When you create a policy, there is an option to enable auditing.  If auditing is turned on, then events such as "view document", "print" and "modify" are captured and logged on the server.  The events are visible from the administrative user interface.

eventlog.jpg

Does this help?

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Actually, my goal is to define new type of events ("Copy Document").

I'm developing a plugin for Microsoft Office, when the user opens a secured document, the Adobe Livecycle Plugin for Microsoft Office already register the event for "View Document", "Close Document", "Print Document" and so on... I want to define a new event "Copy Document" that will be triggered when the user select the content of the document and copied (Ctrl+c).

Is there a way to to this:

- Register in livecycle a new event occured to a document?

Former Community Member

Thanks for the clarification.  Unfortunately there is no way to achieve what you are trying to do.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

Steve,

I have success inserting pre-defined events connecting directly to the livecycle database, using the table "edcauditentity". After I insert the data in this table I could see this new event in the livecycle edc audit page.

But I was trying to find a better and most secure way to do this. I suppose that Adobe Reader doesn't access directly the database, instead it should call remote livecycle server's methods.

Is there any API that Adobe Reader uses to call remote methods?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Direct manupulation of the LiveCycle database tables is definately not supported.  I would recommend you not continue with this type of work-around.  The events that are defined in the product and the mechanism for capturing them are core to the product and cannot be "extended" using any APIs.

Although it will not resolve your issue immediately, you could log a produict enhancement request to Adobe Technical Support.

Regards

Steve

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----