Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How to detect javascript active

Former Community Member

From a Livecycle newbie...

I have a form I'm sending out to several people.  The form uses javascript and submits the results via email.  If they have javascript disabled, the form doesn't work and they don't know why.

The default security settings here are for javascipt to be disabled.  How do I detect whether they have javascript active on their Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat Professional?  My intent is to detect and then give them insturctions on how to enable.

Is there a better way to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here's a pdf I put together that describes dealing with a javascript check and Acrobat version.

You can also do most everything with FormCalc.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You cannot write code to detect if javascript is enabled or not ......if javascript is disabled the code won't run!!!!

Others have written instructions on the form that indicate that javascript is required and describes how to turn it on.

Paul

Former Community Member

That does seem to be an insurmountable problem for using Javascript...

And, by implication, I assume there is no method utilizing native form objects, or such.

I'll take your solution of adding instructions for the user to check their security settings.

Thank you,

Rick

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here's a pdf I put together that describes dealing with a javascript check and Acrobat version.

You can also do most everything with FormCalc.