Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

how to add to and cc fields via email submit button

Former Community Member

I have created a form which requires pdf format. I need the form to submit via email with the option to change/select the to: and also add a cc: field with selection as well. Please provide any information available as I am new to livecycle and am not very familiar with script or code.

Thanks!

7 Replies

Level 5

You can do the following:

You have to use a normal button!!

//fill in e-mail

var Mailto = Formular1.s1.email.rawValue;

//var Mailto = "test@test.de";

//fill in subject

var SubjectBetreff = Formular1.s1.betreff.rawValue;

//var Betreff = "Test-Betreff";

//fill in message

var MessageNachricht = "Content PDF:\r" + "Field content: " + Formular1.s1.inhalt.rawValue + "\rName: "

+ Formular1.s1.name.rawValue + "\rDatum: " + Formular1.s1.datum.formattedValue;

//var Nachricht = "This is a test message.\r2.row start here.\r3.row here.";

//fill in e-mail cc

var CC = Formular1.s1.emailcc.rawValue;

//var CC = "testcc@test.de";

//fill in e-mail bcc

var BCC = Formular1.s1.emailbcc.rawValue;

//var BCC = "testbcc@test.de";

var Mail = "mailto:" + Mailto + "?Subject=" + SubjectBetreff + "&Body=" + MessageNachricht + "&cc=" + CC + "&bcc=" + BCC;

//cSubmitAs: "PDF" send the pdf as attachment

//cSubmitAs: "XML" send the pdf as xml-attachment

event.target.submitForm({

cURL: Mail,

bEmpty: true,

cSubmitAs: "XML"

});

Hope it will helps you,

Kind regard Mandy

Former Community Member

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. I pasted what you sent and I am receiving the following:

The following error was found with the XML source:

xml parsing error: not well-formed (invalid token)(error code 4),

line 772, column 70 of file

The line in question is:

var Mail = "mailto:" + Mailto + "?Subject=" + SubjectBetreff + "&Body=" + MessageNachricht + "&cc=" + CC + "&bcc" + BCC;

(the indicated error site is the "y" in "&Body=")

What do Betreff and Nachricht mean? And what I really need for the "to:" field is to have the option to select a name/email or leave the "to:" field blank so they can type in manually. Could you assist with this?

I appreciate any information!

Thanks,

Level 2

Try this.

PDF attached. Just open in LiveDesigner.

udrugasasrcem.com/tocctest.pdf

Former Community Member

Hello, thank you for your reply. I believe this what I want but am having difficulties implementing it into my form. I created the "send email" button, to: and cc: fields and pasted the script information but I continue  to receive error codes.

The script issue seems to be quite confusing for me. I am very new to this and would like to know if you could perhaps walk me through this process.

Level 2

Can you send me your form please at dariobukovski@yahoo.com so i can take a look at those errors?

Thanks

Former Community Member

Thank you so much for your assistance. I have attempted to insert the email addresses but apparently I am doing this incorrectly as I try to test the form and the email addresses do not show up or populate in an email window. It basically does nothing. I have tried numerous ways and still no result.

Could you please instruct me the exact location to enter this information?

Level 5

The name if you don't understand is only a name for the variable and is an combination from english and german.

Subject is the english word for Betreff

Message is the english word for Nachricht.

You could use this:

//fill in e-mail

var Mailto = Formular1.s1.email.rawValue;

//var Mailto = "test@test.de";

//fill in subject

var SubjectEmail = Formular1.s1.betreff.rawValue;

//var SubjectEmail = "Test-Subject";

//fill in message

var MessageEmail = "Content PDF:\r" + "Field content: " + Formular1.s1.inhalt.rawValue + "\rName: "

+ Formular1.s1.name.rawValue + "\rDate: " + Formular1.s1.dateEmail.formattedValue;

//var MessageEmail = "This is a test message.\r2.row start here.\r3.row here.";

//fill in e-mail cc

var CC = Formular1.s1.emailcc.rawValue;

//var CC = "testcc@test.de";

//fill in e-mail bcc

var BCC = Formular1.s1.emailbcc.rawValue;

//var BCC = "testbcc@test.de";

var Mail = "mailto:" + Mailto + "?Subject=" + SubjectEmail + "&Body=" + MessageEmail + "&cc=" + CC + "&bcc=" + BCC;

//cSubmitAs: "PDF" send the pdf as attachment

//cSubmitAs: "XML" send the pdf as xml-attachment

event.target.submitForm({

cURL: Mail,

bEmpty: true,

cSubmitAs: "XML"

});

I come from Germany and this is my script (therefore in german) I have try to change the german words in english words...

Here you will find an example: https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=4adT3ExjCSsr7HpoDuKq7Q

Helpful?

Mandy