Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

How do I set a subform to repeat based on a value chosen from a dropdown list?

Former Community Member

Please forgive me if this is covered somewhere, but I have spent a few hours searching and have not come up with anything.

I have a dropdown list that allows the user to select the number of teams registering (1-5). I then have a subform with all the information needed for each team. I would like the subform to automatically repeat based on the number selected from the dropdown, since I need that information for each of the teams registering.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

In the exit event of the dropdown, in formcalc, put something like:

var teams = $.rawValue

var counter = 1

while (counter < teams) do

Subform2.instanceManager.addInstance()

counter = counter + 1

endwhile

this assumes you already have 1 version of the subform. If you are starting with none make the while condition (counter <= teams)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

In the exit event of the dropdown, in formcalc, put something like:

var teams = $.rawValue

var counter = 1

while (counter < teams) do

Subform2.instanceManager.addInstance()

counter = counter + 1

endwhile

this assumes you already have 1 version of the subform. If you are starting with none make the while condition (counter <= teams)

Former Community Member

Hi BloodyCool,

Could you please try adding the followign line on the exit event of your dropdown field?

xfa.resolveNode(Subform2.).instanceManager.count = valueFromDropdown ;

Note : valueFromDropdown is the number choosen in dropdown field.

Thanks,

VJ.

Level 10

This is the route I'd go, no point in using a loop when you can set the count value explicitly.