Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I make a 'LiveCycle Designer' designed form that opens in Adobe Reader offer users the option to save completed versions?

Former Community Member

Hi, how can I change an application form so that applicants who open it using Adobe Reader are able to fill it in and SAVE their version?  Currently it doesn't offer the save facility and this is the problem.  The form was designed in LiveCycle Designer by a predecessor who clearly had a lot more knowledge than me.  We have a week until the closing date and people are beginning to demand solutions and as far as I am concerned at the moment, I don't have one so all help very welcome.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

you may want to use Adobe Acrobat Pro to enable this feature

When the form is ready to be used by users, you must open the file with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

File ► Save As... ► Reader Extended PDF ► Enable Additional Features ► Once the form saved with this setting, it is possible to save with adobe reader.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

you may want to use Adobe Acrobat Pro to enable this feature

When the form is ready to be used by users, you must open the file with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

File ► Save As... ► Reader Extended PDF ► Enable Additional Features ► Once the form saved with this setting, it is possible to save with adobe reader.

Former Community Member

Hi Magus069

Just wanted to say a big thank you.  You were spot on.  Problem solved. Cheers