Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I exclude fields and buttons from signature validation using JavaScript

Level 2

I have an LC form where I have scripted the signature field not to be open until all required fields are filled out. After the required fields are all filled out, then the form is locked, and the signature is applied. There are two buttons (Submit and Print) that need to be active after the signature is applied (they are not locked). But there is also one field that has to be unlocked and be able to be filled in after the signature is applied (this field doesn't invalidate the integrity of the signature on the form). When I fill out the form and apply the signature, a green checkmark is at the top of the form. But if I type in the unlocked field, or hit the submit or print buttons, then the green checkmark is gone, and it says that a signature needs to be validated. Is there a way to script out these three fields so that they do not affect the validation of the signature? I can't use the out of the box signature collection because it affects a calculation elsewhere in the form. But I want to script the concept of the signature collection.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Replies