Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Help withFonts

Level 2

Hi sorry to pester you with these mundane questions, but I am a bit new to LiveCyle and still am trying to get my hands around it. In one of my previous post on Fonts the response mentioned that if the Helvetica font was not on the designer then I would be asked for an alternative. In M.S. word I see that I have Helvetica font available, are the fonts not "shared" at the OS level? When I import a PDF form that utilizes Helvetica font, it prompts me to change the font because Helvetica is not avialable. I went to the Adobe WEB site, specifically, http://www.adobe.com/type/ and that the Helvetica font is avilable for purchase. Is this what I would need in order for my forms to import correctly? Also, if we have 10 machines running developer do I need tu purchase 10 copies of the Helvetica font pack?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I am not a font expert but it woudl depend where the font was installed. Designer will look in the default fonts folder for fonts. If it does not appear there then it is not being installed in the default folder. If you do need to purchase it then the number of copies that you buy will be dependant on the licensing of the font. If you only allowed to install that font on one machine then yes you will need to buy 10 copies.

Paul

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I am not a font expert but it woudl depend where the font was installed. Designer will look in the default fonts folder for fonts. If it does not appear there then it is not being installed in the default folder. If you do need to purchase it then the number of copies that you buy will be dependant on the licensing of the font. If you only allowed to install that font on one machine then yes you will need to buy 10 copies.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----