Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

LiveCycle Designer "Menu Bar" missing

Former Community Member

How can one get the menu bar back (File, Edit, View ... Window, Help) in LiveCycle Designer ES (8.2)?

It's installed as part of Acrobat 9 Pro on Windows Vista.

In the process doing screen prints and dragging images between documents (e.g., paint and word) I mistakenly dragged the menu bar off the LiveCycle Designer work area.  On another monitor I realized it wasn't acting like what I was going to paste and (not realizing what it was) took it to the lower left of the monitor (out of the LCD screen) and dropped it.  Going back to LCD I discovered that it must have been the menu bar and ... not to be found.

I've uninstalled Acrobat 9 Pro, rebooted, removed the Users/<username>/App Data/Roaming/Adobe/Designer folder, and then did a complete install (not 'Typical', not 'Custom') of Acrobat 9 Pro and STILL NO MENU BAR.

The menu bar acts almost like a toolbar or palette but is apparently treated differently ... position, etc stored in the registry?

I also saw that F9 supposedly restores the menubar in Acrobat 8 on Windows (but no effect in LCD); also tried the Acrobat 8/Mac solution (Ctrl-Shift-M) with no effect.

Also, doing a restore is not an option (thanks to our system folks).

Any help appreciated.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi, The menu bar does seem to be different than the toolbars, in the customise dialog Alt-T,C I can't even uncheck the option next to the Menu bar but maybe in your setup you can turn it back on?  Also F10 should put focus on the menu bar, maybe that would help find it?

Former Community Member

Alt-T C: I'd read before that the Menu Bar entry could not be unchecked ... and it seems to hold true (thus I think the menu bar is present ... it's just a matter of where?)

F10 - With the mouse/cursor in my LCD window, clicking the F10 key does nothing (...can't go to something that's not visible?)

Thanks

Level 1

Firstly you need to pull up the 'Customize...' option by right-clicking on any populated toolbar.

* I say populated because in my case the menu toolbar was without any menu items at all, and didn't respond to a right-click.

rightclick_customize.gif

Secondly navigate to the 'Toolbars' tab and highlight the Menu Bar option. Click on Reset button to the right and viola your menu items magically reappear in the application.

reset_menubar.GIF

Former Community Member

@theracer,

The problem of 'missing menubar' was resolved by uninstalling Acrobat, cleaning up the registry and any other Acrobat configuration files we could find, and reinstalling it.  Not the desired solution, but the only one found at the time.

I appreciate your reply and have recorded it for future use, and hope it helps someone who might encounter the same problem.

Thanks!