Expand my Community achievements bar.

Help with master pages

Former Community Member

i have a form i've created, but i need to rotate the last page.  i understand it has to be a master page for me to be able to give it a different orientation than the page above so i figured i'd just create a new page, or pssibly just start from scratch, make a form with 2 master pages, and then just copy and paste the content into the new form.  however i simply cannot find how to add an additional master page, i've looked up online how to add (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000076.html) and those steps just won't work for whatever reason ("clicking the Master Pages tab" does nothing and i don't know what a "master page node" is.......).  i feel like i'm in the twilight zone or something.  the version i'm using is ES 8.2.  anyone know what i might be missing?

any help is appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If you go to the hierarchy palette and right-click on the Master Page, the alt menu will have an option to insert a New Master Page.

Parallels Desktop1.png

If you have a look at this example you will see how a two page/two master page layout works.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Hello, Niall. i can't seem to figure out how to get that "expand-contract" hierarchy window

you have up.

i was able to find and access the "master page" view which then allowed me to add a new master page from the "insert", but it won't show up when i save it as a pdf.  any advice for getting it to show up on the static PDF?

thanks.