Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Help with forms-deselect tab items

Level 1

Hi Guys hoefully this is simple

I have created a 10 page form in indesign cs3

All the images in the doc I have converted into a button with additional information as tool tip popup. (approx 200)

I also have tables that need to have fields. ( again approx 200)

When I export to PDF it opens naturally as a form.

I have to open this documet via livecycle to run field recognition.

Unfotunately the images that I have converted to a button are picked up & are included in the tab order.

These images I do not want in the tab order, & are purely additional info when moused over.

I need to know if we can deselect items in the tab order. Deleting it also deletes all info created in indesign.

If there is no way to deselect tab order I would appreciate any advice on a better design/setup for my project.

Thanks in advance

Mitch

Win XP

Master Collections CS3

4 Replies

Former Community Member

The buttons are included in the tab order beacuse they are fields .....why are you converting the images to fields? Why not leave them as images?

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul,

In Indesign I have created all the images to be place holders for additional information.

Image>Convert to Button>Button Options>Discription: Between 20 to 100 word of more info per image (Approx. 200 images).

When you mouse over the image a pop up appears with the info. I did this to reduce the number of pages down.

Looking at it yesterday I dont believe there is a quick work around for this problem.

I think my only solution is to strip out all images. Export tables info from Indesign to LiveCycle to do the fields.

If LiveCycle image holder makes itself available (not grayed out) place images & redo all the captions there.

I believe the image holder can hold mutiple lines.

If you know of something quicker or better & appreciate your advice.

Thanks & Best Regards

Mitch

Former Community Member

The image field will hold images not text .....although there is a caption provided for the image field ...but you will still have a tab stop for

this fields because they are fields. If it is text that you want to display why not make then Text Objects (not a text field). Then they will

not have tab stops.

Paul

Level 1

Yesterday I bit the bullet & started doing what I described in prev. post. (probably going to take days to complete)

I am using the static image, not the image field. The static image tool tips seems to be able hold an infinite amount of words which I require oppose to the two lines allowable by the various type of field objects. This seems to be working, the quicker option & basically is the same as I originally envisaged it to be.

The text box option as you suggested I would imagine would take longer to do requiring additional steps to make the text invisible only appearing when you hover over a image. I had a quick look at doing what you suggested, but being new to LC it was not apparent to me how to accomplish this quickly.

Unless this can be automated from the data in my indesign layout I think the static image scenerio is my only option.