Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ReOrder Pages Doesn't Work

Former Community Member

I am not able to reorder my pages either in LiveCycle or Adobe.  In LiveCycle I open the Hierarchy tab per help instructions, but am unable to drag/drop the pages, and when I open the same form in Adobe hoping to move the thumbnails around like I can usually do, that function does not work there, either.  What do I need to know about designing my forms or any settings that might interfere with this?  So far I am importing Word documents to tun into forms, don't know if that makes a difference and would appreciate any help, thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Sounds like you have an image pdf there. When you imported the word doc the boilerplate was made into an image and the fields are layed ontop of the image. You cannot grab any objects to move around because there aren't any. You woudl have to rearrange the form in Word first then

import into Designer.

Paul

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 10

If you can upload the document I can have a look at it..

Steps to upload the document

1) goto acrobat.com website
2) login with your Adobe login/password.
3) In Actions you will find Upload. Select your form and upload.
4) After uploading, select form name in All Files section and right click and select share.
5) Check the checkbox "Allow anyone with a link to view this document".
6) Copy the URL link and post it in the forum.

Thanks

Srini

Level 7

Imported documents often behave strangely. After importing into Designer, try this. Highlight the entire page, copy all the objects and paste them into a new blank form. Repeat as needed for however many pages your form has. Once copied and pasted into a "clean" Designer environment you should have much better luck. I can't completely explain why newly imported objects sometimes act strangely, I just know that they do.

Former Community Member

I am not able to do that, unfortunately, due to being confidential, sorry, as it would be helpful.

Former Community Member

Thank you. I'm not sure I'm highlighting correctly.  When I go to the page, select all, it only copy/pastes the fields, not the text behind that was the original Word form.  When I select the corner of the blue outline on the page and copy/paste into new blank one, it tells me there is insufficient space on the form for the pasted content.  I'm not finding any other way to highlight or select, thanks.

Level 7

On your new blank form, go into the master page and make the content area as large as possible, i.e. - x and y at 0.00, width at 8.5 inches, height at 11 inches. Then go back to your Design view and try pasting the objects again. You may need to straighten up the content a bit if it overflows a standard 8.5 x 11 page after importing.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Sounds like you have an image pdf there. When you imported the word doc the boilerplate was made into an image and the fields are layed ontop of the image. You cannot grab any objects to move around because there aren't any. You woudl have to rearrange the form in Word first then

import into Designer.

Paul

Level 7

Doh! Good catch Paul, I made the assumption they were being brought in as editable fields.

Former Community Member

Thanks, I will try that, and hopefully can copy/paste all the fill-in fields from my current form a page at a time so I don't lose that work.  Glad to know the limitations and issues up front before I start converting alot of forms.  It looks like instead of converting the Word forms it may be time better spent to start from scratch and copy/paste as needed from Word for the text part depending on form/need.  Unfortunately the form we needed to beta test was a doozy and I thought it would save time to import from the Word file . . . . lessons learned, thank you both so much.

Level 7

I've had to do this a lot in the past, I still think it's better to import from Word if the form is more than a page or two. You have to clean it up a bit in Designer and copy-paste it into a blank form to get everything to work correctly, but it still beats re-creating the form from scratch imho.

Former Community Member

If you import directly into Designer you can have it create bolierplate objects for you. Yes you will

have to clean up but t might be a better starting point.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you, I will take your advice, as I'm still learning and appreciate the help.

Former Community Member

Thank you, that sounds good, I can see we would also need to get our Word forms cleaned up or better prepared, thanks.

Former Community Member

In some versions of Adobe, if you go to view the "Thumbnail Pages" it will allow you to drag and drop the pages where ever you need them.  It took me a while to figure that out.  Its very easy!  I am using Adobe X though.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----