Expand my Community achievements bar.

help! whiteboard items are present but not visible!

Level 2

Hello,

I have a whiteboard that I had spent a long time drawing on and intending to keep, and had made sure that the node was persistent.   and not dependent on user or session.  however, when i logged back into the room a few hrs after logging out, all but a few lines and text were GONE. however, i checked the AFCS room console and all the item nodes are Still there.  So i went back to the whiteboard, clicked around, and even though its blank, i can, with the pointer tool, actually select/move/resize invisible structures and that was once my drawing... the color picker box will even change to the correct color when i select the "invisible" item.

This makes me believe that my items are still on the whiteboard (as they exist in the room console and the fact that i can select/resize them), but for some strange reason they are invisible on the whiteboard... why is this is?  is there something I can do to make then visible again?? i have already played with the alpha and changing colors but to no avail.  please help!

7 Replies

Employee

Hi,

Can you mail your code, and the some info about the environment you are

using.

I never encountered this issue. So posting your code would help us.

Thanks

Arun

Level 2

HI Arun,

its just a basic sharedwhiteboard,

<mx:Panel id="whiteboardPanel" width="100%" top="20" height="50%" minHeight="800">

<rtc:SharedWhiteBoard id="whiteboard" sharedID="default_WB" height="100%" width="100%"/>

</mx:Panel>

when i logged into the room i call..

whiteboard.addEventListener(CollectionNodeEvent.SYNCHRONIZATION_CHANGE, onSyncWhiteboard);

whiteboard.subscribe();

it correctly subscribes.  would it have anything to do with the fact that I had only Unchecked "sessiondependentitems" halfway through my drawing?  Would I have still encountered this if i an made "sessiondependentitems" false from the start?

below is a screenshot of my node settings (they are identical for all the 3 nodes of the sharedwhiteboard).

node settings.png

I am using flash builder 4.0, with flex sdk 3.5 (was using 4 but had some errors) and flash player 10.0.0 along with the latest LCCS SDK just recently released.. i've never seen this before either.  Any ideas?

Employee

Hi Rees,

As you pointed out checking and unchecking "sessiondependentitems" halfway has impacted SharedWhiteBoardModel. I am looking into that issue.

But this wouldnt occur if sessiondependentitems is unchecked from the beginning. I would recommend modifying your sharedId. Also I would recommend using your sharedId and remove the id for the component.

Thanks

Arun

Level 2

is it possible to somehow preserve the existing nodes within the default_WB collection node? then change the shareID as you mentioned and then  transfer over the nodes to the new shareID?

also, could u explain further about, "Also I would recommend using your sharedId and remove the id for the  component"?  I am currently using a headless connectsession so would need to subscribe manually.  would this approach still be possible?

Level 2

Update: i just created a new project using a ConnectSessionContainer  instead of a headless one and removed the id of the sharedWB, but kept  the shareID (i think this is what you were mentioning).  It still didn't  seem to bring up my items though.  I can still select/move/resize those  invisible images though, which is the odd thing, but how to get them  visible again is what is still throwing me off.  would it help if i private msged u the  roomURL (and then u can click around to see what i mean about the "invisible items") ? --thanks again for the help with this

Level 2

Hi Arun =)

any chance you might have been able to see my 'invisible' items from my roomURL?

Employee

Hi,

Each shape drawn on the white board has definitionData and propertyData that define the shape. The invisible shapes have missing definitionData but proper propertyData. In other words they are corrupted, so the invisible shapes.

I am guessing it might have to do with you toggling sessiondependentitems property.

If you are able to reproduce the issue on a different room, let us know, and we can fix it for you. I am sure you wouldnt face this issue in a fresh room.

Thanks

Arun