Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Help to create a Button that creates an HTML or richtext email from form field information

Level 2

Hello,

I am using LiveCycle ES4. I am looking for a way to create a button that, when clicked, it opens up an Outlook email and populates the body with information from the form fields. I have only been able to accomplish this with plain text (therefore no text formatting options). I DO NOT want to just attached the forms to the email. Eg. Family name, First name, DOB...etc are filled out on the form and when the button is clicked, it will create an addressed email with the abovementioned fields but perhaps in different colours or bolded. 

Thank you

Louis

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@Labreclo Why don't you submit the data to a webservice with data and let that trigger the email for you. Handling the rich text externally would be easier for you. If you have es4 server then we can have a different approach. 

Level 10

Hi Louis,

you can't create Rich Text formatted e-mails through the JavaScript API, just plain text is possible.