Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Formula that checks drop down list and then sums

Level 3

I have a table with a drop down list with two values: '$' and 'Hr' (cell called 'PType').  There is a cell called 'Proposed' that contains numerical data. The table is dynamic and can have more cells inserted via a button within the row.  I have a totals section that I want to total the SUM of 'Proposed' if the value in 'PType' is '$'.  I can't figure out what type of statement will allow me to write this.

For now, my solution has been a hidden column whose cell simply states:

if (PType == "$") then
    Proposed
endif

Then, in the totals section, I sum this hidden column since a value outside of '$' returns a '0' and won't affect my SUM.

I am looking for a formula I can write that does this within the totals cell instead of having two cells.

Thanks,

Mallard27

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here's my take on it.

// form1.page1.subform1.table.footer.SUM::calculate - (JavaScript, client)

var total = 0;

for (i=0; i < form1.page1.subform1.table._row.count; i++) {
    if (table.resolveNode("row[" + i + "].Proposed").rawValue) {
        if (table.resolveNode("row[" + i + "].PType").rawValue == "$") {
            total = total + parseFloat(table.resolveNode("row[" + i + "].Proposed").rawValue);
        }
    }
}

this.rawValue = parseFloat(total);

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here's my take on it.

// form1.page1.subform1.table.footer.SUM::calculate - (JavaScript, client)

var total = 0;

for (i=0; i < form1.page1.subform1.table._row.count; i++) {
    if (table.resolveNode("row[" + i + "].Proposed").rawValue) {
        if (table.resolveNode("row[" + i + "].PType").rawValue == "$") {
            total = total + parseFloat(table.resolveNode("row[" + i + "].Proposed").rawValue);
        }
    }
}

this.rawValue = parseFloat(total);

Steve

Level 3

Thanks Steve!!!!

That did the trick.

Level 2

Is it possible to have a pre-made table already?  I tried the code you provided however in my case, I do not have the "add row" button.  I already have a table with 20 rows with an amount column and a dropdown column.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----