Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Forms Are Returned Blank

Level 1

I created a simple one page form yesterday containing a couple radio button lists and text fields.  Once it was all done and saved, I opened it up in Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and used the "Distribute Form" option to send it out to about 30 of our users.  This morning I came in to find that 6 or 7 users e-mailed back the forms and when I opened them up and imported them into the responses tracker, I found that they were all blank.  Even detaching them from the e-mail and opening them seperately, they showed up as blank.  I decided to go to one of the recipients computers and fill out the form there to test it and it still was blank when I opened it up on my computer.  I'm assuming that I did something wrong when creating the form but I'm not sure what.  Has anyone seen this before?  I'd appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

-Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That means you are using an older designer ....choose the Normal option. That does the same thing as I described (they tried to make it more descriptive in later releases).

Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Former Community Member

Two possibilities .....

1. They filled out the form on a machine that was not using Acrobat or Reader

2. Open your form in Designer and look at the binding tab for your fields .....is the a binding expression set or is it set to None?

Paul

Level 1

My understanding is that if the user doesn't have at least Acrobat Reader installed, they won't be able to open/fill out the form at all so I'm thinking that option 2 is my issue.  When I check the default binding on each of my fields, its set to none.  Crap.  What should it be set to?

Thanks very much for your help.

-Chris

Former Community Member

Set it to "Use Name (name of field)". This wil have to be done for all fields.

Paul

Level 1

So, just to make sure I have the formatting right, if my field is named q1_radio, I would set the deafult binding to use name q1_radio, correct?  No quotes or brackets or anything required?

Thanks

Former Community Member

There is a dropdown on that field ...you shoudl be able to pick it from that....no typing required.

Paul

Level 1

Hmm.  Yeah, I tried that first but my only options are Normal, Global, New Data Connection and None.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That means you are using an older designer ....choose the Normal option. That does the same thing as I described (they tried to make it more descriptive in later releases).

Paul

Level 1

Thank you very much for your time.  It seems to be working now.

Thanks.

-Chris

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----