Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Form Distribution and re-submit

Level 1

I am new to form design but would like to create a PDF form/checklist for each project that we manage.  At any time, the project manager can access the checklist, update existing fields and re-submit.  Is there a way to do this that the dataset record gets updated WITHOUT creating a new record?

Hopefully the question makes sense...basically we want to re-submit the form, and have the dataset record updated and NOT add a new record.

Thanks

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I assume that you are talking about the distribution of the form and callecting all of the responses. If so I do not know of a way to do an update of a specific record. If not please elaborate.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks for the response Paul. Yes that is exactly what I'm talking about. I was hoping that by adding to the initial form you could then re-submit and have it update the first response. This would mean that the initial form is somehow linked to the response (ie. Form #1 updates record #1, form #2 updates record #2 etc.)

I'm thinking that it might be possible to achieve something similar by looking at the project # (which is a unique field created on each form distributed) and then sorting/filtering by the submit date (to only look at the latest submitted date for that project #)....but that certainly could be more difficult in the programming/collection process.