this);

What does PartNo refer to?

Thanks,

MDawn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Yes.

'populatePartNo'  is the function name. 'partNo' is the array name. Since 'partNo' is defined outside of a function it is available to all functions in the script object. The 'populatePartNo' function iterates over the 'partNo' array adding each child to the drop-down.

Steve

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member
populatePartNo is a function in the script object PartNoScript.

// Populate the part number Drop-down List.
function populatePartNo(dropdownField)
{
      var i;
      for (i=0; i < partNo.length; i++)
         dropdownField.addItem(partNo[i]);
}

Steve

Level 7

Thank you. What does the specific phrase PartNo refer to. The dropdownfield is named txtPartNum and the var in the script is called partNo. The capitalization is throwing me, I guess.

Thanks,

Margaret Dawn

Supervisor - Documentation

W: 630-850-1065

Former Community Member

PartNo is an array defined in the PartNoScript script object. It contains the values that are loaded into the drop-down.

// Array of part numbers.

var partNo = new Array(" ",

"580463116",

"25906311C",

"25129637J",

"771128",

"11198262A",

"57251",

"25906312A",

"51615223D",

"51615224D",

"516154CAC");

Level 7

So it's OK that in the populate function the phrase is capitalized as PartNo although the var is partNo?

Thanks,

Margaret Dawn

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Yes.

'populatePartNo'  is the function name. 'partNo' is the array name. Since 'partNo' is defined outside of a function it is available to all functions in the script object. The 'populatePartNo' function iterates over the 'partNo' array adding each child to the drop-down.

Steve

Level 7

Thanks.

Margaret Dawn

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----