Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Flowed Subforms Not Flowing

Level 2

I just recently upgraded to LC ES4 and decided to take a crack at creating a form from importing a MS Word doc.

After some heavy editing I started testing and have subforms running into each other.

Here's the details:

2 Master Pages, 1 specifically for an instruction page.

All Top Level subforms set to Flow, with Allow Page Breaks Within Contents checked

All Tables set with Allow Page Breaks Within Contents checked. Even the rows are set with Allow Page Breaks Within Contents checked

All expanding text boxes set to Allow Multiple Lines and Expand To Fit Checked

Document has been saved as a Dynamic PDF

The issue seems to reside in the Tables, even though the rows are expanding, they are running into the subform beneath them.

Am I missing something simple about Flow and tables, or is there something I should have done when setting this up?

Thank for the help - I really could use the insight, cause this has got me stumped.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Ya that's a good one. Turns out your tables have height and width properties when they shouldn't. You can't see it in the Designer palettes. You have to edit the XML directly.

To fix it:

1) Click on your table

2) Goto you XML Source tab (View>XML Source)

3) You'll see something like this highlighted:

<subform name="Table" w="543pt" h="33.2pt" layout="table" columnWidths="45.90pt 134.10pt 238.50pt 121.50pt">
4) Remove the 'h' and 'w' attributes (w="543pt" h="33.2pt"). You really only have to remove the h for it to work but the w shouldn't be there either.

Alternative method:

1) Click on your table

2) Goto Table>Convert to Suborm

3) Goto Table>Convert to Table

Not sure how those attributes got there. Maybe they started off as subforms somewhere along the line.

Kyle

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 8

If you want to post it here, I can have a look.

Kyle

Level 2

Thank you! I have uploaded the pdf. I'm very stumped on  this, and  really appreciate the help

Michelle

Correct answer by
Level 8

Ya that's a good one. Turns out your tables have height and width properties when they shouldn't. You can't see it in the Designer palettes. You have to edit the XML directly.

To fix it:

1) Click on your table

2) Goto you XML Source tab (View>XML Source)

3) You'll see something like this highlighted:

<subform name="Table" w="543pt" h="33.2pt" layout="table" columnWidths="45.90pt 134.10pt 238.50pt 121.50pt">
4) Remove the 'h' and 'w' attributes (w="543pt" h="33.2pt"). You really only have to remove the h for it to work but the w shouldn't be there either.

Alternative method:

1) Click on your table

2) Goto Table>Convert to Suborm

3) Goto Table>Convert to Table

Not sure how those attributes got there. Maybe they started off as subforms somewhere along the line.

Kyle

Level 2

You are my hero!

Thank you so much - I never would have thought about about height and width properties in the XML, and I can't even conveive how those items even got those properties.

I will go and edit the xml, and remind myself to keep and eye on those tables in the future

Again, truly - Thank you!