Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Flowed Pages and Sub Forms

Former Community Member

I have a form which contains 4 pages currrently the first page is text and drop down lists, the 2nd page is flowed tables which may remain on page 2 or depending on how much information is entered in the tables flow to pages 3 & 4. Undeneath the tables I have a drop down list asking the user if they want to add other information which would have originally been on page 3 but could now be on page 5 so am struggling to find a way of scripting this so the correct page is displayed if the user wants to add other information.

Also am I correct in that every page must be flowed following page 2 to ensure that everything moves down correctly.

Thanks for any assistance.

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Steve,

No, if there isn't flowable content on pages 3 and 4 then these can be set to Positioned. If the flowable content is on page 2 and this is set to Flowed, then as content overflows a new instance of page 2 will be created and push pages 3 and 4 down. Therefore you should still be able to reference objects on pages 3 and 4.

A summary:

Page contentPage number that user seesInstance number behind the scenes
PositionedPage 1page1
FlowedPage 2page2[0]

Page 3page2[1]
Page 4page2[2]
PositionedPage 5page3
PositionedPage 6page4

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Steve,

No, if there isn't flowable content on pages 3 and 4 then these can be set to Positioned. If the flowable content is on page 2 and this is set to Flowed, then as content overflows a new instance of page 2 will be created and push pages 3 and 4 down. Therefore you should still be able to reference objects on pages 3 and 4.

A summary:

Page contentPage number that user seesInstance number behind the scenes
PositionedPage 1page1
FlowedPage 2page2[0]

Page 3page2[1]
Page 4page2[2]
PositionedPage 5page3
PositionedPage 6page4

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics