Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What is correct propriety I can put on "presence" for don't print?

Level 4

Hello.

What is the option I take in "presence" to visible just in screen, not in print?

This propriety there are just the following items:

•  visible (default)

•  invisible 

•  hidden 

•  simplex 

•  duplex 

But all appears on the print.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rafael,

It looks like you have an earlier version of LC Designer. What version is it?

The current version and I think version 8 of LC Designer has the option to set the presence of an object to "Visible (screen only)" and "Visible (print only)". The first one is what you are after.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Upgrading to the latest version (LC Designer ES2 version 9) may be a good idea, as there are other improvements that can help.

That being said, you can achieve the same effect with script. It will mean that you have to have script in the prePrint and postPrint events of either subforms or individual objects.

Javascript in the prePrint event:

// hides the object just before it prints

this.presence = "invisible"; // or hidden, depending on what effect you want

Javascript in the postPrint event:

this.presence = "visible";

I have an example here that exposes the different presence properties. http://assure.ly/h0zpOz

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Rafael,

It looks like you have an earlier version of LC Designer. What version is it?

The current version and I think version 8 of LC Designer has the option to set the presence of an object to "Visible (screen only)" and "Visible (print only)". The first one is what you are after.

Parallels Desktop1.png

Upgrading to the latest version (LC Designer ES2 version 9) may be a good idea, as there are other improvements that can help.

That being said, you can achieve the same effect with script. It will mean that you have to have script in the prePrint and postPrint events of either subforms or individual objects.

Javascript in the prePrint event:

// hides the object just before it prints

this.presence = "invisible"; // or hidden, depending on what effect you want

Javascript in the postPrint event:

this.presence = "visible";

I have an example here that exposes the different presence properties. http://assure.ly/h0zpOz

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 4

Hi Niall.

Is exactly what I am looking for. I didn't know the propriety relevant. It works very well here. My version is 8.1.

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Have a great Sunday!