Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Floating Textfield on Master Page

Level 1

Hello,

I am using LiveCycle Designer 8.2 ES, Adobe Acrobat 8, XML file from third party for this project.

I created a dynamic document in LC that is connected to the XML.  The document will pull data from the XML and build the form using Acrobat 8.

The document will change in number of pages and amount of content on each page based on the data imported to the document.

The only static information I have is on the master page.  This is a field with a unique form number and the page number.

Due to regulatory reasons this information has to be in a specific spot on every page so putting it on the master page seemed logical.

The issue is the form number changes per xml document.  So I am placing a floating textfield on the master page in the location the number has to be.

In design mode I see the form number field and the page number field on every page in its proper location.  However, when I flip to preview in LC or take it into Acrobat and import the data, the form number appears on the first page along with the page number but on the subsequent pages the page number is present but the form number (floating textfield) is not.

Is there a way to have the floating textfield be on the master page, pull the form number from the xml, and have it repeat on every subsequent page like the form number does?

I attempted to place a repeating footer as outlined in the livecycle helptext but since the content flows and varies based on the xml data the footer does not show in the same place it should on every page.

I have been racking my brains on this and every xfa.page solution I try has not worked.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2 Replies

Level 10

You can try something like this...

Place a text field in the Master page..

In the initialize event of the Text Field, access the XML node and display the value in it..

TextField1.rawValue = xfa.resolveNode("$record.COMMAND.sendApplicationInformationRequest.TypeName").value;

In the above example COMMAND is the root node of the XML and the TypeName is the tag that contains value.

Try this approach, if you still have issues, send the XML to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can give you the right syntax. While sending, mention the tag name..

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

To be able to have the field repeat on each page you will need to set the binding to Global. But that same binding is used to get the data from the inbound XML so you cannot do both. I woudl suggest that you bind the dat value to a hidden field, then programatically set the visible field to the same value in the hidden field. Now if you set the binding of the field in the Master page to Global, it will appear on each page the way you want.

Paul