Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Fill in two forms simultaneously

Level 3

Hi y'all!

I need to create two legal forms that will always be used together, say "Form A" and "Form B."  If Form A is filled out, Form B will also be filled out.  Much of the information in Form B can come from Form A.  I need some advice on how to create these two forms and bind the information.

I could combine both forms into a single form.  The problem I see is that the footers and page numbers need to be difference/separate.  In addition, once both forms are filled out, they will need to be distributed separately and to different people, so I'm not sure if this would work.

If I create two separate forms, how do I bind the information?  And how do I make sure that whenever Form A is created, Form B is also created?

Thank you for your help.

1 Reply

Former Community Member

If they are going to different places then I think that the prudent thing to do would be to have two forms. You can build them in

such a way that they can share data. You can only fill out one at a time but we can export the data from one and import it into the other. If the structure of the two forms and the field names are named the same then the data will populate those fields. If the structures need to be different then you can either use a schema to define the data for both forms and bind schema elements to the fields or use a sample XML file that has all data in it and bind using that.

Note that you will not be able to automate the exporting and importing of the data on the client. These operations require user knowledge (i.e a file dialog must be interacted with by the user - this is for security reasons). If you automate using a server product then it can be automated.

Hope that helps

Paul