Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Web Service & Reader

Former Community Member

I have just made a test connection to a web service.

When I view the form in Acrobat, it works fine..

When I tried to view the form through Reader it does not work.

I thought that this was because I needed to reader enable to form (extend features)

However after I extend the features with Acrobat and save the form, it still will not connect to the web service?

Any ideas?

Thanks

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Web services will not work in Reader, unless the form is Reader Enabled using the full Adobe LC Reader Extensions ES2 server product.

A summary of deployment options is here: http://assurehsc.ie/blog/index.php/2010/05/using-livecycle-forms-in-acrobat-and-reader/

At the end of the post there is a link to the summary (in PDF).

Hope that helps,

Niall

Former Community Member

Thanks Niall,

Does this mean I need to purchase the entire server product, or can you just purchase the Reader Extensions module to enable Reader Extensions on a form created by LC Designer?

Is the Reader Extensions module stand alone? or is it part of the entire server package?

Former Community Member

Just the Reader Extensions module. It will run on the server platform however (i.e. App server, web server, Database)

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks Paul,

So, if I understand correctly, I can just purchase the Reader Extensions Module, but this needs to be run from an App Server, Web Server, or database and not installed locally on my machine?

Former Community Member

Correct .....the good news is that ADobe supplies a turnkey environment where they give you a JBoss and TomCat server and a MySQL database so you do not need to purchase those additional items if you do not have your own.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thanks for your explanation Paul.

I have just tried to contact Adobe, to find out how much this module costs in the Uk.

Unfortunately, I was put on an endless loop of the Adobe phone system.

No one could tell me how much the product costs....I spent 20 mins on the phone and I am no wiser as to the price of this module.

thanks anyway

Former Community Member

Can't help you there pricing is dependant on your situation etc. There are pricing options that they will discuss with you as well. You may have to bite the bullet and wait them out or is there an email option?

Paul