Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

File name changes to ex. "ad&asa55%9023409" when it is submitted on someone else's computer?

Level 2

When it is added as an attachment to someone elses computer, the file completely changes its name to something encripted like the above.

Is that normal? and is there a way around it?

2 Replies

Level 6

Can you explain the issue a little more?  Often times, I've only seem a weird file name if you try to submit the file from within LiveCycle - using the PDF Peview tab.  Typically, the file name is just the form name when submitted. 

Level 2

Yes I can,

When I am working on my computer that i have designed the form on, and I am testing the submission of the form, I have no problems with the file name of the form changing when it is submitted (attached to the email). However, when someone else uses my form for and I ask them to submit it, the form gets attached to the email with a completely different name like i mentioned earlier.

So I suppose my question is, how do i prevent the form name from changing when it is submitted or is there a way to dynamically change the form name when it is submitted to reflect the persons name or something like that would be even better. Because like I said, when it it is submitted the form changes to something like a223jhvjv23323&bjh@bklj8 which is really annoying because the person receiving the form must then open it and save it as the correct file name