Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

EXTENDED FEATUES IN ADOBE READER....

Level 4

Morning,

I have a curly question that has driven me round the twist.

I have created a form with 6 pages.  Pages 2 & 3 are nearly exactly the same continaining two subforms each with a table in it.  Page 3 has a thrid subform with a "Add Table" button.

On the last subform of page 3 I have ticked the 'Repeat Subform for Each Data Item' minimum count = 1

When I open this document in Reader I have six pages.

I then reopen in Pro and use the extended featues to enable the SAVE AS button to work.

When I reopen again in Reader, I now have 8 pages.  I have two extra pages on either side of page 3 with one subform containing one table on each page.

Can anyone please explain and assist as to how I can have the Save As button working but not get the extra pages.

All my other forms have the Save As button and all work prefectly so am really confused as to why this is playing up so much.

Regards

Jenny.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected form..

https://acrobat.com/#d=B1H5Lk1pUgXBK9v0e70YXw

The problem is with some of the subforms you set them as Repeated. (in page2 and Page3).

One hint.. Since you have the same structure repeated 4 times initially and then allowing the user to add additional sections if needed..

You can have one section in the design time and allow the user to add more if they need. That way maintaining the form will be easier.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Jenny,

Can you send the file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Hi Srini

Just wondering how you were going with it?

Jenny

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected form..

https://acrobat.com/#d=B1H5Lk1pUgXBK9v0e70YXw

The problem is with some of the subforms you set them as Repeated. (in page2 and Page3).

One hint.. Since you have the same structure repeated 4 times initially and then allowing the user to add additional sections if needed..

You can have one section in the design time and allow the user to add more if they need. That way maintaining the form will be easier.

Thanks

Srini

Level 4

Jenny,

Awarding Srini some points and a 'Thank you'  would be nice.

Level 4

Dear Iakov Qvaz

Unfortuantely I have been really busy with more than one issue and once I got the chance I would have. 

Thank you for the lovely reminder...........

Jen

Dear Srini,

It might be 24 hours late but thank you very much for your assistance.

Jen

Level 10

Hi Jen and Iakov Qvaz,

Thank you both..It's my pleasure to help other developer with what ever I know..Because I was also like them once upon a time taking help from someone..

Have a nice day..

Thanks

Srini