Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Expanding Text Fields, only when printed

Level 2

All,

I have a dynamic form that has many text fields for user input. These fields have a fixed height, however allow multiple lines beyond the visible area. I don't want these text fields to expand when the field is exited, but rather when the form is printed. The form is set up neatly on 7 pages, and I'd like it continue to be 7 when the user is working, however I'd like it to expand to accomodate the extra text upon printing.

How can I make it so when I print, the fields expand and the data flows onto the next page(s)?

Thanks!

Aaron

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

There may be a better way but when I need to position things in a flowed form I use rectangles set with no border so they are invisible and put them where I need spaces.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

In the prePrint event of the textboxes put (in formcalc):

$.minH = "1"

(change the 1 to whatever your height was for those boxes)

The minH as opposed to just h means it will expand.

Level 2

Thank you. I'll also have to make sure the subforms are set to "flowed" to make sure the expansion works appropriately, correct?

I can get everything to work correctly until my last page. When flowing the subform it compresses all of my fields and won't let me resize or move. Is there any easy way to resize a subform or adjust the locations of the fields within it?

Correct answer by
Level 7

There may be a better way but when I need to position things in a flowed form I use rectangles set with no border so they are invisible and put them where I need spaces.