Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ES4 Turnkey Install Error on Windows 2008R2

Level 2

I just did a Turnkey install of LiveCycle ES4 on Windows 2008R2 from the ES4 trail download on Adobe's site.  I'm using the JBoss Windows installer.  I received a few errors durning the install related to setting up the ConfiguratonManager.bat file which I've included from the install log below.  The install fails with errors.  I took at look in the ConfigurationManager/bin directory and there are no batch files.  The install did not fullly complete and JBoss and MySQL were not installed. 

Modify Text File - Single File:   C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.bat

Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated.  Deferring...

Modify Text File - Single File:   C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManagerCLI.bat

Additional Notes: ERROR - Unable to locate ASCII text file to be manipulated.  Deferring...

Modify Text File - Single File:   C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.bat

Modify Text File - Single File:   C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManagerCLI.bat

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I figured out I caused this issue.  I was installing on a VM and mapped a path from the VM running on my local machine to a path ouside the VM on my local machine.  I received the UNC path warning, but thought it wouldn't be an issue since the files were still on the local machine, but I was wrong.  The LiveCycle installer really does work from mapped drives.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

I figured out I caused this issue.  I was installing on a VM and mapped a path from the VM running on my local machine to a path ouside the VM on my local machine.  I received the UNC path warning, but thought it wouldn't be an issue since the files were still on the local machine, but I was wrong.  The LiveCycle installer really does work from mapped drives.