Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Extracting data from dynamic form into Access database tables

Level 2

Have created a dynamic form comprising 4 subforms, one of which can have up to 50 instances. Each of the subforms requires user input into various text fields and dropdown lists. The subform that can have up to 50 instances has 14 text fields/dropdown lists.

My problem is that if I receive say 15 completed forms with differing numbers of completed instances how can I extract the data into say an Access database table or tables? The spreadsheet option in Acrobat Pro XI creates rows of varying field lengths (identifying the form row number in long text hierarchy format) which requires lengthy cutting and pasting into a table format.

Is it possible to directly extract the input data from multiple completed dynamic forms into an Access database table or tables? Can anybody help me?

1 Reply

Level 2

I have been able to use FirstObject XML editor to read the XML data file created when the user completed the form to create a file that can be imported into Access.  I am having trouble adding subform instances using Action Builder in Designer ES4, version 11.0.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.