Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error: UserManager.setCustomUserField : Insufficient privileges to set a custom field for Publisher

Level 3

Hello,

I am only able to call UserManager.setCustomUserField with Owner, but not with Publisher (50).

How could I make a custom userfield editable with a Publisher user?

Strange thing is if I am in the Room Console, and change my Owner role to Publisher I can add a Custom user field.

Any tips?

PS: Meanwhile I found this post where it is explained how to implement a custom user tracker:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/840181?decorator=print&displayFullThread=true

It would be nice though if I could set give permission to a customfield for publisher role straight on usermanager

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If a user with role publisher, is trying to setCustomUserField to himself, then it should be possible. (are you trying to do this ?)

But if he is trying to set it to others then its not so easy. The only possible option is, You will have to extend the current UserManager and override the setCustomUserField method.

Thanks

Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

If a user with role publisher, is trying to setCustomUserField to himself, then it should be possible. (are you trying to do this ?)

But if he is trying to set it to others then its not so easy. The only possible option is, You will have to extend the current UserManager and override the setCustomUserField method.

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

Thanks aponnusa, will try as you do.

I did try to initialize a user var with a for loop on the client side, whoops