Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

totalling rows based on cerain input in a cell

Level 2

I have a table that you can add or remove rows by clicking a button.  in the row is a drop down box of different departments.  another cell is a numerical field.  I want to have a total box for each department, but am unsure of how to code this.  For example, the first row is department 1 and then 5.00, the second row is department 2 and 10.50, the third row is department 1 and 7.95.  The first row was on the form originally and the second and third rows were added by clicking a button.  How do i come up with a total of 12.95 in a total box for department one and 10.50 in a total box for department two?

14 Replies

Former Community Member

If you send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will have a look. Please include a description of what you are trying to do in the email.

Paul

Level 2

I appreciate your help on this...the form works great...except for one thing.  When you save the form, close it and reopen it, all but the first row are gone.  The data is stil in the form, but you can't actually see anything but the first row of the table.  How do I get this to "stay" on the form after it is reopened?

Thanks in advance,

Rose.

Level 7

In LiveCycle Designer go to File > Form Properties and in the Defaults tab under Scripting: Preserve scripting changes to form when saved: choose Automatically. This will save all the extra rows and everything the user has done for next time they open it.

Level 2

I have that setting checked, and it's still hiding the rows.  It is also doing that in another form I created where there are a couple subforms hidded based on checking/unchecking some checkboxes.  Those subforms are hiding after a save/reopen as well, with the automatically preserve scripting changes checked. Any thoughts on why this is?

Level 10

There might be code in the form in the Initialize event to hide the additional rows and keep only one row.

Check in the script editor.

If you are still having issues, you can share the form..

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

What do I need to do to share the form?

Sorry...I've never done that on here before.

Level 10

Follow the below steps to share a document..

1. Go to URL http://Acrobat.com

2. Create an account if you don't have one.

3. Then login to the website.

4. In top left corner you will see a button called Upload.

5. Click on that brwose through the file you want to upload.

6. After Uploading, mouse over on the uploaded file. Click the down arrow button and choose Share document.

7. Then you will be prompted a popup window at the lower left corner. Choose "Publish it" option.

8. In the next pop up window choose "Copy Link" option.

9. You can paste the link in the forum thread.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Try the following document and let me know your feedback. Add some rows and save it and reopen it.

https://acrobat.com/#d=mLJN5KgvAneOyRJdK*tsTQ

I tried in Acrobat 9/ Adobe Reader 9 and can see all the previously added rows.

Which version are you using to view the file?

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

i have Acrobat X and 9 and Reader 9.  My file didn't work in any of those.  the one that you posted worked fine in Acrobat X.  Did you change something?

Level 10

I specifically did not change anything in the document. I opened the file you sent me, in Acrobat and added couple of rows and saved with a different name.

The only difference is saving the file in my local.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

I wonder if it had something to do with the fact that I published on Acrobat.com?  I hadn't done that before, or distributed it.

I wonder why it worked for you and not for me...

Level 2

The file you opened and sent me a link to works just fine.  However, the one that I have on my computer does not, and the one that I uploaded to Adobe (the one you originally opened) does not work for me either.  Only the one you sent me the link to works.  I'm trying to figure out why that would be...any thoughts?

Level 10

Let us test again.. Upload the file that does not work on your end and send me the link.

Thanks

Srini