Expand my Community achievements bar.

Encoding to many rooms at same time

Former Community Member

Hello all!

I'm thinking on an application to generate audio for many rooms at same time. I found some problems like the fact of MicrophoneManager be a singleton, what will make confuse to handle many AudioPublishers pointed to different input devices, besides of it insists on reseting the selectedMic property every time when we start/stop publishing and so on. But OK, I know that I will need to extend the AudioPublisher to take a closer control over these behaviours.

Maybe the main problem ever could be how the ConnectSessionContainer (and it's dependencies) will behave if I try to connect to many rooms from the same flash player application. Or I will need to run another flash player instance for each audio channel, what will waste a lot of system resources.

Has someone ever tried it before? I looking for some suggestions.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Employee

You can connect to many rooms from one FlashPlayer. The easier way to do that is to create room programmatically. Instead of using ConnectSessionContainer you can create the appropriate authenticator and ConnectSession for each room and the controls you want in it.

We do this for testing and it works well.

Remember that authentication needs to be set properly for each connection so you either accept guest users (not very safe) or you need to generate an authentication token for each room you need to connect to.

Regarding the microphone and AudioPublisher you'll have to experiment yourself.