Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

emailing and opening form

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have a form with hidden sub forms which a client will then fill in, sign electronically and email to a hard coded email address. What I would like to be able to do is when it is opened at the "inbox" of the hard coded email address another subform opens underneath the information the client has already filled in, this is for internal use only and therefore shouldn't be seen by the client so would have to work with a defined email address if it is possible.

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I've just worked on something similar and found a workable solution.  It's not elegant, but maybe it will help you get started in the right direction.

My form has only one page or subform visible at a time for the user.  But when they email it to my company, we want all pages visible to us.  I used the following code for the "email" button:

click event

checkbox.indicator.rawvalue = 1;

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: hard coded email address,

cSubject: x.rawvalue,

cMsg: y.rawValue,

});

Exit event

checkbox.indicator.rawvalue = null;

And here's my code for form initializing:

Initialize event

if (checkbox.indicator.rawvalue == 1) {

everything.presence = "visible";

else {somethings.presence = "hidden";

So when the form first loads, it checks to see if the indicator has been switched.  The user has no idea the form has been unveiled because the exit event reverts the indicator back to null.  Of course that checkbox is invisible. I think if you adopt the code above to your case, it'll work.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

It would be difficult to get that to work outside of the full LC Enterprise Suite.

I would be inclined to have a button that when clicked asks for a password. If the correct password is provided then show the hidden subform. The button could be without a caption, border or fill AND then placed over the logo, so that only authorised users know where the button is located.

Niall

Former Community Member

Another option would be to set a value on a hidden field, and use that field's value in an form intialize event to display the subform or hide it.  Use the signature firld's postSign event to set the hidden field.

I understand the desire to keep the form from showing something to the client that they don't fill out, prior to teh signature, but is the subform sensitive?  If it is, then recognize that the client might stil be bale to see it, provided they have LiveCycle.

There are probably other ways around this also.  With this method, when the client goes exits the PDF, they are asked if they want to save the file.  If they do not, they will not see your subform.

I have a form with a Submit Email button, and these fields:

Text1 = a Text object that I don't want to see unless the form is signed.

SignatureField1 = a signature field that does not lock the fields after signing.

TextField1 = a Text Field object that initially has a blank value.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

form1::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

if (TextField1.rawValue  == null || TextField1.rawValue == "" )

{

xfa.resolveNode("Text1").presence="hidden";

}else

{

xfa.resolveNode("Text1").presence="visible";

}

form1.#subform[0].SignatureField1::postSign - (FormCalc, client)

TextField1.rawValue = "1"

Karl

Former Community Member

Hi Niall,

How would I put a password on a button?

Thanks

Steve

Level 10

Hi Steve,

I am out at the moment, but if you have a look at this example http://assure.ly/yDtfsM, you will see how I am passing the result from the response() method to a variable and then testing that.

Niall

Correct answer by
Level 4

I've just worked on something similar and found a workable solution.  It's not elegant, but maybe it will help you get started in the right direction.

My form has only one page or subform visible at a time for the user.  But when they email it to my company, we want all pages visible to us.  I used the following code for the "email" button:

click event

checkbox.indicator.rawvalue = 1;

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: false,

cTo: hard coded email address,

cSubject: x.rawvalue,

cMsg: y.rawValue,

});

Exit event

checkbox.indicator.rawvalue = null;

And here's my code for form initializing:

Initialize event

if (checkbox.indicator.rawvalue == 1) {

everything.presence = "visible";

else {somethings.presence = "hidden";

So when the form first loads, it checks to see if the indicator has been switched.  The user has no idea the form has been unveiled because the exit event reverts the indicator back to null.  Of course that checkbox is invisible. I think if you adopt the code above to your case, it'll work.

Former Community Member

Thanks David for that peice of code, it works well.