Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Email Submit and Data format

Level 2

I have been reviewing the following document and have 1 question.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_understanding_submit_tip.pdf

Is there a way to customize the data format using a submit button?

I may have the requirement to have end users submit data through an email submit button, but the client wants the data in the format Fieldname [delimiter of some sort] Fieldvalue, is this possible?  Would you need to manually edit the xml in the form to do this? Any pointers would be appreciated.

The only options I see in the attributes of the email submit button are:

XDP

XML

PDF

URL encoded data

Thank you,

8 Replies

Level 2

I have discussed this with Lori DeFurio, past Acrobat (and PDF) Developer Evangelist, and most recently, responsible for Customer & Field Enablement, who has informed me that this is possible and directed me to these forums for a resolution.

Has anyone actually accomplished this?  Any information is appreciated.

Thank you,

Former Community Member

With an XFA form you are limited to XML formats or complete PDFs. I believe that if you have an Acroform you may be able to do it. Did you use Acrobat or Designer to build your form?

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul:

Currently we are using Acroforms and would use these forms originally.

In the future, this would be used with LiveCycle so it would probably be an XFA/LiveCycle Designer form. I believe in this case, the best solution would be to do this through a submit using Form Server components of LCES.

Thank you,

Working for a Living...

Former Community Member

I failed to mention that the XFA form can post name value pairs to a web server if that is of value to you.

Paul

Level 2

This is for Acroforms and is limited to HTTP Get style Name/Value Pairs. With this option the form data is appended to the submission URL using the standard GET style of presenting name/value pairs. This technique is severely limited due to restrictions on URL lengths by the various software components that must handle them. It should only be used for simple forms.

Corect?

Working for a Living

Former Community Member

XFA forms can do it too but you are right about the limitations.

paul

Level 2

So how would you do it in an Acroform? From your previous response:

With an XFA form you are limited to XML formats or complete PDF's. I believe that if you have an Acroform you may be able to do it.

Working for a living...

Former Community Member

In Acrobat/Reader under the Forms menu is a Manage form data option. There are different options there for AcroForms. If that will not do it then you may want to post to the Acrobat forum as that is where the expertise on AcroForms is. I am more of an XFA form guy.

Paul