Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

e-mail submit, form sending to wrong address

Former Community Member

My e-mail submit button is part of a fragment. It has been working fine on all other forms. The forms are distribute by my default main e-mail account and the "form submit" button is set to a gmail account so that another location and I can share account. The e-mail address in the fragement is the g-mail account but it comes back to my e-mail. I can't figure out why this not working anymore. Form is attached. Any ideas would be appreciated.

7 Replies

Former Community Member

I assume the submit button is part of the fragment. Unless you include the sourtce for the frgament as well we will not be able to debug this.

Paul

Former Community Member

Yes, you assume correct. The fragment is now attached. It is now doing the same thing with another document. Thank you for your help!

Former Community Member

Just tried it here and it seems to be working fine. I fill out the form and submit it, then the email address that is coded

in the email submit is used to send the data file to that named user. Are you using the distribute form functionality or are you using the emailsubmit button to send the form around?

Paul

Former Community Member

I am using the "distribute form" function and then choose manually collect in my e-mail. Once distributed and they press the "submit by e-mail" button that e-mail address is now changed to mesadunes@charter.net instead of communtiyam@gmail.com. Why would it be doing this?

My ultimate goal here is to be able to create forms for my corp office, which is in another location, and distribute these forms to all their other locations and have the forms completed and returned back to them. That is why we created the gmail account so they get the forms and I can access as well. I had tested all this out and it worked fine, now I've created all forms and we're ready to go and it doesn't work anymore. I'd appreciate if you have any other suggestions that may work better for this situation too.

Please help.......thank you!    

Former Community Member

The distribute functionality works with Acrobat.com. The mail address that is configured in your Acrobat.com is injected into the template before it is sent. If you modify that address on the acrobat.com account it should work.....or do not use the diistribute functionality and then your code will work as you expect.

Paul

Level 2

Is the email address mesadunes@charter.net in your Acrobat Identity Preferences (Edit > Preference > Identity)? If so, this will be the one that Acrobat accesses when using the Form Distribution Wizard.

Former Community Member

I'm having what seems to be the same problem.  The email address appearing when the submit buttob in distributed-to-local form is fired is an address (and subject line) from a previous form, NOT the address I use for Adobe.com, and also not the address used in ->Prefs->Identity.

Where ELSE could this leftover hide?

...And twenty minutes later after updating my Adobe.com account and restarted Acrobat a couple of times, it works properly.

Sigh.  Zero diagnostic value but I'll take it.

Rgds,

F/C