Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Dynamically resizeable comb

Former Community Member

I have a numeric field called Chartfield Value. Its appearance is Underlined until a radio button is selected. When the user selects a radio button, I want the field to transform into a solid box with a particular comb size. The comb size will depend on which radio button is selected. Is this possible without creating a duplicate Chartfield Value field and adjusting the visibility? If so, how?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

As I mentioned earlier you cannot set the comb on or set the number of Chars in the comb after the form has been rendered. These are design time properties only.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Just tried it and it looks like you cannot turn the comb on dynamically or set the number of Cells dynaically. Looks like you will have to use th emultiple field approach.

Paul

Former Community Member

I suppose the million dollar question is, how do I code this resizeable comb such that each box is the same size? I can't seem to find the property to change the comb.

Former Community Member

On the Object palette under the Field tab is a check box to set th ecomb on and a value for th enumber of boxes you want.

Paul

Former Community Member

I would like to do this dynamically based on the selection of a radio button. For example, the account radio button should adjust the chartfield value field to be 6 digits, but fun should adjust the chartfield value field to be 4 digits. I assume both the number of "boxes" in the comb and the length of the field will need to be adjusted.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

As I mentioned earlier you cannot set the comb on or set the number of Chars in the comb after the form has been rendered. These are design time properties only.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----