Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Dynamic sequencial numbering for Purchase Orders

Former Community Member

OK, I have sifted through the web and these forums for hours on end. A few people have brushed on the subject but gave no clear explanation. I am trying to auto populate Purchase order numbers in sequential order so every user who fills out the form will have a unique number. I know this is down through linking to a database somehow, but its not my bag of tricks.

I have been using Livecycle for about 6 hours now, and i have it layed out and working perfect with this one exception that happens to be the most important part.

Many other users in these forums have the same question left unanswered; so whoever can clear this one up would definitely be dubbed a hero for it.

Mad props to whoever can give me a clear answer on this or at least post a working example.

Thanks

~Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Yes you can use a local DB but to be able to communicate with that DB you will need LiveCycle Reader Extensions (if you are using Reader) or you will have to use Acrobat. That is the only way that a form is allowed to communicate with a DB.

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I did a presentation on this topic at the end of Aug for the Acrobat Users Group. Here are the files that I created for it.

Here is a link to the presentation if you want to sit through it.

https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a200985228/p91165028/

Paul

Former Community Member

Pual,

Thanks for all of your help so far. the presentation was awsome - I picked up a lot from it. I watched it over-and-over again yesterday. Unfortunatly, for my solution, I do not have any working knowledge of SOAP or WSDL files. Is there a way to use the unique number generation with a local access or sql database?

I have attached a copy of my project, if you can look it over and give my any pointers; I would really appreciate it.

Chris

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Yes you can use a local DB but to be able to communicate with that DB you will need LiveCycle Reader Extensions (if you are using Reader) or you will have to use Acrobat. That is the only way that a form is allowed to communicate with a DB.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----