Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dynamic in Designer but not in Workspace

Former Community Member

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have a form with a few expanding tables and digital signatures that I created in Designer that works perfectly when i preview it. But when i use it in my process and render the form in worspace (or download it from workspace and open it on your desktop), the form no longer is dynamic. The buttons no longer add rows to my table or anything, and no javascript errors are showing up in my debugger. Is there anything that might cause this?

I'm thinking it might be my custom render process (which is just the default renderer with a policy and extensions added) might be causing the issue but i can't see why. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Billy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

In your renderForm step in the PDF Render form Options make sure that you set the RenderAtClient option to Yes. Also in the form intself open the Form Propereties and under the Default Tab make sure the PDF Render Format is set to Dynamic XML Form.

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Oh, and sorry if this is the wrong place for the thread, i figured that if the problem is with the renderer then this might be the place for it.

Thanks

Billy

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

In your renderForm step in the PDF Render form Options make sure that you set the RenderAtClient option to Yes. Also in the form intself open the Form Propereties and under the Default Tab make sure the PDF Render Format is set to Dynamic XML Form.

Paul

Former Community Member

Yep, it was the render at client option that was causing the issue. But i read somewhere that it could/should break the Usage Rights since its reader extended for other users (because i had set the render once option for the renderer because of the digital signatures). Is this accurate? Will this affect things like access webservices for the next user or if i choose to download the form?

Thanks

Bilen

Level 3

Hi ,

I have the same problem. Dynamic in designer, but data is not loaded when render the form as a task input and open it in workspace.

I've checked form properties>default tab > Dynamic XML, and in adminui forms properties,render at is auto (client also doent work).

What can it be, why i cannot see the data via workspace ? Could u advice ?

Former Community Member

Sry, just to clarify, do you mean dynamic that the forms layout changes (eg hiding fields, adding rows, etc)? I'm asking only because you mentioned about data. So is the problem that rows are not being added and fields are not being hidden? Or that the data is not being imported into the form?

If its the second option, are you importing an xml data file? or is the data coming from a webservice? The things i would check are whether the form is properly bound, and the structure of the xml file you're importing while testing in designer (if you are importing a file) has the same structure of the data you're importing when in workspace.

Level 3

The data is not being imported into the form, in workspace.

Data source is db, oracle. At design time, when i am adding a new data source, i give the parameters to connect to db, an

it automatically creates a connection string. (It's using my development pc's drivers i think ?)

And i dont know how it will be, at run time, which connction string will be used ?

Could you advice pls.

Thanks

Sedat,

Former Community Member

From what I know, if you connect directly to a db the form will use the users computer's drivers and credentials to connect to the db, essentially that the user's computer has to have access to that db.

A more robust solution may be connecting to a webservice that connects to the db for you and returns data to the form. I'm assuming you're using Acrobat professional, you might want to try and use the javascript debugger to see what errors come back. When you open the form hit ctrl+j

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----