Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

DropDownList1 has no properties

Level 7

I have a script where a value in a drop-down list causes a subform to change from hidden to visible. The following message is displayed in the debugger window:

form1.page3.innerSubformRows.Table2.Row1.DropDownList1 has no properties

I've hunted everywhere and am not sure which properties this is referring to.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

MDawn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It means that the object you are referencing does not exist.....is there a typo in the name? You can put your cursor in an empty line in the script editor then hold down the ctrl key and move the cursor to the DDList you want. When you get to the list the Cursor will change to a V and then you can clcik the mouse. This will place a reference to that object in the script editor.

Hope that helps

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Can you share the form? In the script (Javascript?) have you included .rawValue after the object reference?

Maybe post the full script.

Niall

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

It means that the object you are referencing does not exist.....is there a typo in the name? You can put your cursor in an empty line in the script editor then hold down the ctrl key and move the cursor to the DDList you want. When you get to the list the Cursor will change to a V and then you can clcik the mouse. This will place a reference to that object in the script editor.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 7

I think I've now made a complete mess of this form! I'm not sure where to begin to ask for help!!!

Can I post the whole form for review? I'm not sure how to do this.

I had a blank page which I finally got rid of, now pages that were assigned to different master pages are appearing on page 1 when they should begin on their own page.

I also have the drop-down list with no properties.

Thanks,

MDawn

And thanks for your quick responses.

Former Community Member

Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I can. Please include a description of the issue and how to reproduce it in the email.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----