Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to use Compound tags option (it is among the Paragraph properties) in LiveCycle Designer ES2 (9.8.0*)?

Level 1

Hello!

I'm using Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 version 9.8.0.0.20130521.1.895753, which is embedded into SAP ERP. My task is to add a static multi-level numbered list onto a PDF-form, with items like 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.

So I went to the Paragraph properties in the Paragraph palette and selected Numbered List option. Entered 3 as a Start option. Selected Compound tags option.

Annotation2.png

I'm gettting the list with only 1 level. Pressing Enter advances numbering from 3 to 4 and further. Pressing Tab (like in Microsoft Office Word inside numbered list) does nothing useful.

How to make 2-level numbered list? Or at least, list with three items on one level: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3?

PS. LiveCycle Designer's What's New article states that one of the new features are "

Bulleted and numbered lists

The Paragraph palette includes options for adding, formatting, and aligning bulleted and numbered lists in text.

"

(it's in local file file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/Adobe/Help/en_US/LiveCycle/9.8/DesignerHelp/WS107c29ade9134a2c2439970312a9bd97a8f-8000.html)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is more that can be done using the rich text options, than can be done with the Designer's bulleted lists.

I did a sample some time ago that might help,

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Custom Bulleted and Numbered Lists

Regards

Bruce

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

There is more that can be done using the rich text options, than can be done with the Designer's bulleted lists.

I did a sample some time ago that might help,

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Custom Bulleted and Numbered Lists

Regards

Bruce