Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does a Submit Button become disabled after being clicked?

Level 1

I have a submit button set up to generate a flattened PDF.  I need to make sure the submit button cannot be clicked multiple times.

Is there a default setting in Designer, that disables a submit button after it has been clicked once?    

Thank You

3 Replies

Level 6

Well, if your form is setup to flatten your PDF after the button is clicked, then the entire form will be flattened INCLUDING the button so it wouldn't matter anyway, correct?

If anything, you could program the form to hide the button on postSubmit.

P.S. Not sure which script you're using to flatten your PDF following submit, but please note that script usually doesn't work for users of Adobe Reader (only Acrobat). If you expect to have Reader users, then making all fields "Read-only" would be your next option.

Level 1

I actually have the submit button become hiddend once it is flattened.

Basically I need to know when a Submit Button is clicked, if it is immediately disabled not allowing any other submissions.

The multiple click that I am concerned with is between the first click, and any click before a flattened PDF is returned.

(trying to avoid multiple submissions to the flattening process)

I tried using Action Builder to disable the button after it was clicked but the action builder wouldn't stay populated, it was as if Designer removed the steps.

Thanks for your assistance.

Level 6

well once the user clicks Submit, it typically brings up a prompt for further instructions (if via email), thus there's no way for the user to click Submit again anyway unless they cancel the process to correct something on the form then submit again.

What you might need to do is ask the user if they are sure they are ready to proceed, if yes, then proceed with flattening the form and prepping for Submit, thereafter. If they cancel at that point the form would have already been flattened.

So I guess it just depends on your workflow/sequence and how you have things programmed.

You should always give the user the ability to cancel before the doc is flattened else there's no way for them to correct something.