Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Displaying contents table twice, on different pages

Level 2

Hi there,

currently i display the content of a table on a page, everything works fine.

But now i need to display the same table on other page, i copied the items to the new page and it does not work, i suppose it's an index problem, if that is the case how can i reset it? 

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @tafkap95210 

I think you intend to replicate the exact same table on a second page, correct? And the table remains empty because somehow the data is gone?

That is actually as designed. The data you use in your form gets consumed sequentially, once you are through (by rendering the original table) there is no way to "go back".

Simply coping the table design will not work. You will have to use scripting which force feeds the data into the second table OR you duplicate the data in the XML under a second tag which is then assigned to your copy. The second is a bit clunky, the first requires scripting skills.

PS I just saw your ZIP and I was right. This approach will not work as mentioned above.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Changing objects from one location to another may create problems, because the reference_syntax is not the same.

If the issue is that your code is not working, you might want to review it all to make sure it all works accordingly with the new reference objects.

If you would provide more details, such as what is not not working, is there any error displayed in the JavaScript Console... it would be easier to investigate and narrow the issue you are having.

Employee Advisor

@tafkap95210 Copy paste is fine till you are able to bind the objects correctly with the data and scripts. 

Level 2

Hi there, 

sorry for the delay... Thank you for your answers but I think we didn't understand each other

Take a look at my attached example HERE .

In this example I want to display two tables, with the same data, therefore the same binding. For the 1st table it goes well, however for the 2nd nothing is displayed (orange color at the end), why? Is it possible to resolve this? 

Thank you.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @tafkap95210 

I think you intend to replicate the exact same table on a second page, correct? And the table remains empty because somehow the data is gone?

That is actually as designed. The data you use in your form gets consumed sequentially, once you are through (by rendering the original table) there is no way to "go back".

Simply coping the table design will not work. You will have to use scripting which force feeds the data into the second table OR you duplicate the data in the XML under a second tag which is then assigned to your copy. The second is a bit clunky, the first requires scripting skills.

PS I just saw your ZIP and I was right. This approach will not work as mentioned above.

Level 10
Without any coding, you could have the data duplicated in the XML file by using a new tag such as ITEMS for page 1 and ITEMS2 for page 2, then simply change the data binding for the second table.

Level 2

Hi @Kosta_Prokopiu1,

Would you have any examples of how to do this through scripting?

Thank you!

Level 2

I got a little confused. Shouldn't the script be in JavaScript or FormCalc? I saw only the XML and PDF files.

Employee
JavaScript. Download and open the PDF with the Designer to see the solution