Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Display a Help message

Level 2

I'm using LiveCycle Designer ES4 and would like to show a help message for a one page form without adding another page. Presently, I'm using FormCalc's messageBox to show a 4 paragraph help message.

The message looks boring with "warning JavaScript" in the title and a beep when activated with a click Button on the form. In addition there isn't a way to change the fillColor of the messageBox. Is there a better way to display a message with more options for formatting/showing the message?

THanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

in JavaScript you can use the dialog methods to create your own complex dialog boxes.

To make it easier to create those dialogs Bruce has created an editor you should check out first:

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Using app.execDialog() in an Adobe Designer Form

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

in JavaScript you can use the dialog methods to create your own complex dialog boxes.

To make it easier to create those dialogs Bruce has created an editor you should check out first:

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Using app.execDialog() in an Adobe Designer Form

Level 2

Much better than messageBox. Got rid of the beep too. Radzmar, the Dialog file that you recommended sure made it easy to code this as my JS ability is limited. Thanks!

My only regret is the color factor. The gradient is interesting but the color is limited to Dialog, Windows or Tooltip background colors. I was hoping for something with an RGB input or did I miss something?

Thanks again