Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Disable the default "Start my camera" button for rtc WebcamPublisher

Level 3

Hello,

I notice in the samples that WebCamera displays the cam. Is there an easy way of disabling the "Start my camera" button? I wish to control this from the app itself.

<rtc:WebCamera width="65%" height="396" id="webCamPub"/>

I notice in the WebCamera sample that it achieves removing the default "Start my camera" button, by assigning the rtc Webcamera a width and height of 1 and manipulating these through WebCamPublisher class, but I do not see anywhere a "button" = disabled or something similar .

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi there,

For situations like this, we highly encourage that you build your own

custom UI using the WebcamPublisher / WebcamSubscriber. It's got all of the

same functionality as the WebCamera pod, but with a LOT more flexibility.

nigel

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

I figured out the sample is using WebCamSubscriber, hence the lack of "Start my Camera" button.

Would be neat to be able to disable this via a switch for WebCamera as well.

For now I will try to override the addStartStopBtn function

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi there,

For situations like this, we highly encourage that you build your own

custom UI using the WebcamPublisher / WebcamSubscriber. It's got all of the

same functionality as the WebCamera pod, but with a LOT more flexibility.

nigel

Level 3

Ok thanks, overriding the addStartStopBtn function fortunately was a piece of cake for the WebCamera class, and that was all I needed.

I notice WebCamera is extremely advanced compared to the simpler webcamsuvscriber stuff.

I try to build on adobe grown material so I can avoid high maintenance costs down the road

Employee

Hi,

You can customize both the functionality and the look and feel of

WebCamera component using the WebcamPublisher and WebcamSubscriber API's

For more information, you can look into WebCamera Sample, or see how the

WebCamera Pod is built in the SDK source.(file WebCamer.as in

src/com/adobe/rtc/pods)

Thanks

Arun

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----