Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Disable assist tool tip

Level 6

Hello,

My task is make drop down list mandatory on Submit form.

I achieved this by adding script on preSubmit event:

if($.rawValue == null) then

$.validate.nullTest

="error"

endif

endif

also, on change event i made disabling of madatory:

$.validate.nullTest=""

Everything working as expected - when i submit form all emty drop downs becomes highlighted with red and message appears:

1.JPG

It is what i need.

One problem:

When i changed one of the empty drop downs i get shuch kind of messages:

2.JPG

But i don't need them.

How can i disable this messages?

BR,

Paul Butenko

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Sorry but no.

I have a really hard time controling the validation events in everything Adobe.

When i want to ensure the validation/messages and/or custom actions based on those action i use a javascript custom code to control the validation.

Pros:

- I have a hell of a lot more control

Cons:

- It implies creating javascript to validate each and every field i want to see.

Not nearly as elegant as what you're doing, and it takes a bit of coding to get it to work, but it works.

If you want i can post an example here, as long as you understand that its not as elegant or code free as what you're doing.

EDIT: i uploaded a version of this. If you thing it interests you, let me know because i'll have to translate most of the stuff (functions and variable names) in order for a non-portuguese person to understand.

It works with dynamic tables, custom backgrounds (colors only) and supports saving (to file) and when the form is reopened it will recover the preview error marked fields.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

Friends, does anybody know how to slove it? I really need it.

Correct answer by
Level 4

Sorry but no.

I have a really hard time controling the validation events in everything Adobe.

When i want to ensure the validation/messages and/or custom actions based on those action i use a javascript custom code to control the validation.

Pros:

- I have a hell of a lot more control

Cons:

- It implies creating javascript to validate each and every field i want to see.

Not nearly as elegant as what you're doing, and it takes a bit of coding to get it to work, but it works.

If you want i can post an example here, as long as you understand that its not as elegant or code free as what you're doing.

EDIT: i uploaded a version of this. If you thing it interests you, let me know because i'll have to translate most of the stuff (functions and variable names) in order for a non-portuguese person to understand.

It works with dynamic tables, custom backgrounds (colors only) and supports saving (to file) and when the form is reopened it will recover the preview error marked fields.

Level 6

Thank you,

Now I know that I also should do custom validation )

Level 10

You might want to take a look at the FormFeed posts on Validations. Lots of good info and some comprehensive script objects ready to go.

http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2008/11/validation_patterns_part_3.html