Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Digital Signatures and editing signed documents

Former Community Member

Situation - A medical office wants to digitally sign a document after it has been edited (to make it a legal order) but have the form remain unlocked so it can be edited again.  They want to be able to accomplish this on a single instance of the form without using the server solution just a form designed in LiveCycle with Javascript powering the transactions.  Is this possible?

2 Replies

Former Community Member

If you edit the file after signing you will invalidate the signature.

Paul

Former Community Member

You can edit a signed PDF document (assuming you are not using the field collection feature).  This will not "Invalidate" the signature, but it will change the status of the signature.

I have attached two screen shots to illustrate...  To generate these, I signed a PDF, changed some data and re-validated the signature.

ValidationStatus.gif shows the status of the actual signature.

DocStatus.gif shows a "roll-up" status (meaning it checks all signatures on a doc and displays an overview) of the signed document.

Regards

Steve