Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Custom Display Name

Level 2
If i login with my AdobeID and password, can i change my
display name? Problem is that i want users automaticly login with
my account to be OWNER, but with custom name.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member
Hi,

I guess you can try this attached code. You can call the
setUserDisplayName after creationComplete.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member
Hi,

I guess you can try this attached code. You can call the
setUserDisplayName after creationComplete.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Employee
The correct way of doing this would be using external
authentication, where you can set the name you want and the role
you want for each user, and none of them runs as the account owner
(that on top of being the meeting host has also the "power" to, for
example, delete all your rooms and do other nasty stuff)

Level 1

For the rest of us who are having the same problem, can you please attach the code? I was unable to find the "attached code" anywhere.

Level 1

Is there a way to set a user so that they show up as the "Host" but are not the "OWNER?" I'm still confused on exactly what these terms mean. I understand that the OWNER of the room is me, with all the rights and permissions to destroy every room I've built... but I don't understand the difference between PUBLISHER and VIEWER. As with the previous post, I would also like to allow others to "Host" the chat under a specific name, but I'm unsure how to handle this in my code.

Former Community Member

Hi,

I guess sometimes the word and owner and host turns confusing. But for Afcs , they are are same. A owner has a user role value of 100.

Publishers and viewers have user roles of 50 and 10 respectively.

Publishers and Viewers have different rights in various components.

When you log in with your user name and password in a room, you get assigned a owner role i.e. role = 100.

When you log in as guest, you get assigned to user role of either Publisher i.e. 50 or Viewer i.e. 10 depending on whether your roomManager's whether roomManager.autopromote is true or false respectively.

For changing the displayName , you can either follow the approach raff mentioned or I said in previous posts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----