Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Count to equate to the instance total of single value from the drop down table???

Level 2

I am just a beginner. I know how to code in order to get a automated count of the rows but I am trying to go one step further.

I would like to be able to get a number that equate to  the number of time that a value was picked from a drop down list.

I have attached a couple illustrations to explain what I  am trying to achieve :

Pic 10.PNG

At the end I would like to end up with something like this.

pic11.PNG

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

To do something like this you need to use the calculate event of the count field.

What you want to do is to count how many times the name in the dropdown list is selected up to this row.

If you use this for loop using JavaScript and change it with the names for your form it should look something like this :

And in FormCalc :

Hope this help!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

To do something like this you need to use the calculate event of the count field.

What you want to do is to count how many times the name in the dropdown list is selected up to this row.

If you use this for loop using JavaScript and change it with the names for your form it should look something like this :

And in FormCalc :

Hope this help!

Level 2

You were a great help again. It works exactly the way I was hoping for.

Take care.