Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Componet use read from repository, i have an error

Former Community Member

Hi,

i write a componet for a Lifecycle ES2. This componet have a parameter PDFURI. This is the Uri to a PDF-File, it is save in the repository. This component is open this PDF with PDFbox - Library. I write this code to load the PDF from repository and open this to use it with PDFbox:

Properties connectionProps = new Properties();
                        connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_DEFAULT_EJB_ENDPOINT", "jnp://localhost:1099");
                        connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_TRANSPORT_PROTOCOL","EJB");
                        connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_SERVER_TYPE", "JBoss");
                        connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_CREDENTIAL_USERNAME", "xxxxxx");
                        connectionProps.setProperty("DSC_CREDENTIAL_PASSWORD", "xxxxxx");
                        ServiceClientFactory myFactory = ServiceClientFactory.createInstance(connectionProps);
                        ResourceRepositoryClient repositoryClient = new ResourceRepositoryClient(myFactory);
                        String resourceUri =  pdfFile;

Resource Doc = repositoryClient.readResource(resourceUri);
                        java.io.InputStream is = Doc.getContent().getDataDocument().getInputStream();

//java.io.InputStream is = new FileInputStream(pdfFile);

try{
                                PDFParser parser = new PDFParser(is);
                                parser.parse();
                                document = parser.getPDDocument();
                                if( document.isEncrypted() ){
                                        try{
                                                document.decrypt( "" );
                                        }
                                        catch( InvalidPasswordException e ){
                                                System.err.println( "Error: Document is encrypted with a password." );
                            //System.exit( 1 );
                                        }
                                }

I find this error at the Serverlog:

At line 80 is this:

Resource Doc = repositoryClient.readResource(resourceUri);

Have one an idea to this error? Or how can i open and load a file to use with PDFbox in a component?

Thanks

Holger Janssen

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Holger,

I believe the snippet you posted below is part of a DSC component which is deployed on a LC server and hence running within the LC server.With that in mind you can try this

The error is happening because you are probably packaging the adobe-repository-client.jar within your component. As this jar has the Resource class it causes a conflict with the call when it reaches the Repostory service as it also has this class packaged with it. To correct it

1. Stop packaging the adobe-repository-client.jarand referring it into the component.xml classpath
  2. Import the Resource package within your components component.xml. Refer to import-packages details. For Repository service you can find the package details on Page 8 of http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/upgrade_changes.pdf

Also from within a DSC you need not provide all those details to ServiceClientFactory. Just use ServiceClientFactory.createInstance() and things should work for you

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Holger,

I believe the snippet you posted below is part of a DSC component which is deployed on a LC server and hence running within the LC server.With that in mind you can try this

The error is happening because you are probably packaging the adobe-repository-client.jar within your component. As this jar has the Resource class it causes a conflict with the call when it reaches the Repostory service as it also has this class packaged with it. To correct it

1. Stop packaging the adobe-repository-client.jarand referring it into the component.xml classpath
  2. Import the Resource package within your components component.xml. Refer to import-packages details. For Repository service you can find the package details on Page 8 of http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/8.2/upgrade_changes.pdf

Also from within a DSC you need not provide all those details to ServiceClientFactory. Just use ServiceClientFactory.createInstance() and things should work for you

Former Community Member

Hi Chetan,

it runs! Great !!! Thanks!!!

Holger