Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Can you format data displayed in a floating field tag (i.e. date and phone #)?

Level 2

I have floating fields in a form that are linked to date and phone number fields that I have formatted, yet the floating fields in other areas on the document do not display these fields in the format I defined in the main record... How do I make them display the same way?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can also change the type of the floating field, and then change the pattern...

1485449_pastedImage_0.png1485450_pastedImage_1.png

Also make sure to have the data format set to Date to insert a date within the field.

1485451_pastedImage_2.png

I hope this will help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

if you want to display a value as it is displayed from another field, it's simple as you should use the formattedValue instead of the rawValue.

You can also specify a display pattern for the floating field according to the data entered within. When the floating field is selected, just go in the Field tab under Object Palette, click on the "drop down" Patterns and choose the "Display" tab. Then insert the display data you want to display, you can always use display patterns from other fields than a text field if needed.

1484957_pastedImage_0.png

I hope this will help.

Level 2

Thanks for the assist.  This worked great for the phone number, but it doesn't give me the ability to select the Date under the select type list.  Is there a way to change the pattern options once the display/data box comes up?  I tried to copy and paste the format from a Date field pattern, but it gave me an error saying the pattern was invalid.

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can also change the type of the floating field, and then change the pattern...

1485449_pastedImage_0.png1485450_pastedImage_1.png

Also make sure to have the data format set to Date to insert a date within the field.

1485451_pastedImage_2.png

I hope this will help!

Level 2

That did the trick.  Had to change it from a Text box to a Date Field, then for the field name use the floating field name.  Appreciate the assistance!

Level 2

Thanks for the assist, really appreciate it. I just posted another question. I am working in the Tab Order pallet and there are fields that I do not want to set as tab stops, however, I can't figure out how to remove them from the tab order.... Any ideas?