Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can the end users save their username or password?

Level 2

Our customers complain about repeatedly typing in username/password that cannot be changed by themselves each time they attempt to open the document.

Any suggestions or ideas to make it better customer experience?

As system admins, are there things that we can do to help?

Any settings there that allow end users to remember username/password on their computer? Like some online banking even allows to remember at least username on the computer.

Thanks for your help in advance.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

There is a feature in Rights Management ES, called "Enable Client Credential Caching".  It is found in the LiveCycle Admin UI at Services > LiveCycle Rights Management ES > Configuration > Server Configuration.

This feature allows Acrobat or reader to cache the user information (similar to a web site "remember me" feature).

Also, if you are using Microsoft Active Directory and Kerberos, you can implement Single Sign On, so the user is not prompted for their username and passowrd when opening a Rights Managed document.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Thanks Steve.

Following the path, I couldn't find the "Enable Client Credential Caching" checkbox. I only saw the 5 items shown below. I'm currently using version 8.0.1. Is that the reason?

• Allow anonymous users access  
  • Disable access to version 7 clients  
  • Allow Username Password authentication  
  • Allow Kerberos authentication  
  • Allow Acrobat Certificate authentication

Thanks again.

YY

Former Community Member

Yes, unfortunately this feature was added as part of LiveCycle ES Update 1 (8.2)

Regards

Steve

Level 1

One other item that I have found helpful for users that are not using the latest Acrobat/Reader is to show them the "X" to close the document instead of the entire application.  It seems very simple, but I'm continually surprised by how many users did not know what it was for.